Sunday, November 20, 2011

blueberry lemon sour cream pancakes

I know what you're thinking. It sounds weird right? No. No no no. It's perfection.

Breakfast food is by far my favorite and I think I can say the same for my toddler. So I was really excited to give this experiment a try.

I love the original recipe but I also love the mixture of flavors in my son's blueberry lemon oatmeal muffins. So I decided to sort of combine the two. It's lovely. The bright layer of flavor that the lemon zest lends is refreshing. Chopping up the fresh blueberries ensured I would get a blueberry in most every bite. The sour cream is a must for a moist, melt-in-your-mouth experience.

I made a dozen, ate some for breakfast then froze the rest for quick breakfasts during the week. Now I can just heat 'em up in the microwave and head out the door when I'm in a rush (which is most every day). They also make a great snack for the kiddo when I cut one into strips manageable for small hands.  

Do this!

blueberry lemon sour cream pancakes
adapted from onelovelylife.com

Ingredients:
3/4 c milk
1/2 c sour cream
2 1/2 tbs melted butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c fresh roughly chopped blueberries
zest of one lemon

Make it:
Combine milk, sour cream, butter and egg. Stir in salt, sugar and baking powder. Stir in flour and lemon zest until just moist. Fold in chopped blueberries. Don't over mix!

Place pan on medium heat and spray with non stick spray or coat with butter. Drop batter onto pan by 1/4 cupfuls (you might have to use your spatula to thin out or make more circular). Wait till you see those beautiful bubbles then flip until golden brown. 

Note: Make these on a Sunday morning and have the leftovers all week! I won't judge you if I see you eating one by hand while you drive to work. Not that I've ever done that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP