Sunday, June 27, 2010

Projects!

This weekend John and I worked on baby projects and I think they turned out to be awesome! John came up with the idea of customizing Evan's name for a wall hanging. He painted the letters, lined them with ribbon and glued on the little guys on the top of each letter. This is huge because he picked everything out which means he had to go with me to Michael's (the craft store) and this is a place he despises. He must really really love his son. I think his project is so cool!


John's favorite character is the dinosaur and mine is the cute little pup.

I took on a sewing project. I use to sew a lot but haven't touched a sewing machine in like a year and a half. I decided to make a boppy cover because I didn't want to be limited to the designs they offer in the stores, plus they are outrageously expensive in my opinion. I was so proud to spend only $12 to make a unique boppy cover! I was inspired to do this after watching a youtube video from spindletosashes.com it looked so easy and quick and they sell their pattern for download for $5! I was so excited that I actually completed the project and that it is functional, I want to do another one! I have literally become obsessed with STS that I want to try a few other sewing projects before Evan arrives.



We recently (like 2 weeks ago) put satellite on hiatus since there were no shows that seemed worth watching plus we have so much to do, there isn't much time to be wasting in front of the tv. I am happy to report that I have not missed tv at all. It has allowed me to explore other hobbies that I have abandoned in order to watch Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I have actually had time to read, research baby notions, explore crafty projects and actually go to sleep at a reasonable hour!

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job on your projects. Plus I am SO proud of John for the wall hangings. They look awesome and I love the dinosaur and pup. Cute, cute, cute. Also... the photography looks great!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP