Thursday, December 8, 2011

Plans for 2012

I'm a nerd. You may have noticed when I confessed my love for my planner. I also love to make lists. And check things off. So, I can't help but begin thinking about what 2012 might bring. Like a lot of people, I end up making new year's resolutions that I forget about by January 2nd. I want to change that this year.

It's just a list to guide my focus so I can manage my time better and achieve my goals. In 2011 I was unfocused and my energy was spread too thin. I tried to do too much at once and at times, didn't enjoy any of it. I felt all over the place. I feel like getting in control of my time and focus will allow me to accomplish more and enjoy more. It will also let me get a lot of use out of my awesome planner!

Balancing a full time job, toddler, housekeeping, husband tending, dog tending and a few hobbies have left me drained and frustrated. I am on a mission to change this. I've rekindled my love for cooking and found shortcuts and ways to make it happen so I'm optimistic I can do a better job at balancing the rest in 2012.

Adding another baby to the equation makes this even more important to me. More like a method of survival. My plan is to use a monthly outline of what I want to focus on. Then, after the month is over, I'll move to the next focus area and I can choose to keep up any routines or processes that stick. I'm hoping this will get me on the road to better habits because of the month long practice. So here it goes......


Of course the monthly focuses might change depending on certain circumstances but it's a start and a reminder that I don't have to do everything at once. I can spread my goals out over time and still achieve them.

So, the expanded version of the "2012 General Outlook": Save money (no big projects or purchases in 2012), home organization (make the most of our small space), memory making (pictures, baby books, photobooks, outings), health (exercise, eat less meat, more veggies and more water).

To get a jump start on my year long project, for December 2011 I'll focus on home organization (garage cleaning, closet purging, cabinet organizing, pantry organizing).

I have to remind myself that these are simply guidelines and if it doesn't happen, that's ok. These have to be kept loose or I'll beat myself up every time something slips through my fingers. I'm excited for 2012 and all the fun and hard work it's bound to bring.

What are you planning for 2012?


No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP